The overall aim of the project is to establish an Iberian Network of laboratories of biological alert (IB-BIOALERTNET) enabling the exchange of information, training, technology transfer, standardization and accreditation of procedures to become an effective tool to respond rapidly and efficiently to biological threats.
The specific objectives of the project are:
- Establishment of the IB-BIOALERTNET with standard communication procedures and protocols.
- Development of protocols for environmental sampling from relevant matrices and implementation of quality assurance systems.
- Validation and accreditation of methods for detection and identification of highly infectious agents that constitute a threat to humans, animals and plants.
- Adaptation of selected standardized methods to point of care detection.
- Identification of other laboratories in the Iberian Peninsula with the skills to be part of the Network.